Front Office Representative & Administrative Support
Application Deadline: July 31, 2012
Position Type: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Reports to: Director, Finance & Operations
Volunteer Calgary has been helping people get involved in their community for over half a century. We work directly with non-profit organizations, stakeholders and the community to promote, connect, strengthen and lead volunteerism.
We envision a Calgary where people with passion and purpose lead the way to vibrant communities. With the recent acquisition of the services of CentrePoint Non-profit Management, Volunteer Calgary is undergoing the transformation from a volunteer centre and into a new, hybrid organization uniquely positioned to build the effectiveness of local non-profit organizations to deliver service to the community.
Volunteer Calgary staff are expected to work in collaboration with others; demonstrate flexibility and openness in organizing work; show a high degree of initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness; have good communication skills; demonstrate thought leadership and thoughtfulness in decision-making. Staff must be open, non-judgmental and receptive in approach, and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards individual, family, and community.
The front office representative and administrative support role represents Volunteer Calgary at our front desk. This role provides Volunteer Calgary with a welcome front office environment and provides crucial administrative and registration support to Volunteer Calgary programs.
- Clients and Members of Volunteer Calgary
- Training facilitators, Consultants
- Volunteer Calgary Staff Team
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics for all workshops, training and events – ensure appropriate space arranged and reserved, make travel arrangements for speakers, liaise with event venues to arrange food, AV equipment, handouts, data entry, etc.
- Manage the registration process for all events including data entry, database management, fielding incoming calls and inquiries, processing payment, invoicing and sending out confirmation notices
- Administrative assistance for members of the Leadership Team (excluding the President & CEO) - including appointments, correspondence and accounting documents
- Arrange for courier services as required and complete courier (Monarch/Purolator) invoices and submit to Accounting
- Redirect or answer general inquiries received through the main phone number and through our website.
- Greet and provide customer service assistance to visitors to our offices.
- Take bookings and maintain a schedule for the meeting spaces
- Request services from the Kahanoff Centre Building e.g. security, repairs, coffee supplies
- Support Volunteer Calgary team initiatives
- Assist in special events or projects on an ad hoc basis as requested.
Ideal Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong professional ethic and work standards
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professionalism in dealing with sensitive/urgent matters
- Attitude of flexibility and openness
- Ability to be a self starter and to take initiative
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, self-managed and enthusiastic
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector a great asset for this job
Please send resume to:
Suite 1170, 105 12 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1A1
Volunteer Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.