Employee Volunteer Projects Facilitator
Summer Student Position
Application Deadline: Friday, April 13, 2012
Position Type: This is a summer student position for 35 hours per week from May 1st, 2012 – August 31st, 2012 with flexible working hours including occasional early mornings, evening or weekends.
For the last 55 years, Volunteer Calgary has led the way in developing Calgary as the volunteer capital of Canada. From promoting volunteerism to leading the evolution in a continuum of engagement, Volunteer Calgary now supports a full spectrum of capacity building in the non-profit sector with over 450 non-profit members. Strong partnerships with government, education, the corporate sector and other community leaders have results in a vital organization fueling the community through effective programming, learning and development, member services and research.
The VC team of 18 staff, our Board and numerous consultants is currently working on the transformation of a volunteer centre and a centre for non-profit management into a new hybrid organization uniquely positioned to build effectiveness of non-profit organizations to deliver service to the community. We serve Calgary through our mission: Leading, promoting, connecting and strengthening volunteerism. We engage and facilitate hundreds of volunteers through our programs and services.
Volunteer Calgary staff and volunteers are expected to work in collaboration with others; demonstrate flexibility and openness in organizing work; show a high degree of initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness; have good communication skills; demonstrate thought leadership and thoughtfulness in decision-making. Staff must be open, non-judgmental and receptive in their approach, and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards individual, family, and community.
The Employee Volunteer Projects Facilitator works with the Director, Community Engagement and the Coordinator, Corporate Citizenship, to help build the community connection between employee volunteer groups and non-profit organizations. While providing leadership, promoting volunteerism and educating on best practice, this individual will be involved in a “hands-on” capacity with corporations and non-profits through project management services for our Paint the Town and Community Connect Projects.
• Volunteer Calgary staff
• Volunteer Managers of non-profit member organizations
• Community Investment professionals
• Employee volunteers
• Community leaders
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Citizenship Program
• Assist in developing, organizing and facilitating employee volunteer projects in the community
• Support non-profit organizations in developing and delivering safety trainings on-site, as required
• Manage relationships with non-profit and corporate partners in the community
• Assist in developing project and program reports
• Represent Volunteer Calgary at community events, as required
Ideal Qualifications and Competencies:
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education program in a related field
• Strong organization, project management and problem solving skills
• Superior communication and customer service skills
• Professional manner in dealing with sensitive/urgent matters
• Flexible and open attitude
• Passion for volunteerism
• Dynamic and adaptable
• Access to a reliable vehicle for travel within Calgary and area
Please send resume to:
Suite 1170, 1202 Centre St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 5A5
Volunteer Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.