Nominate for Volunteer Calgary's 16th Annual Leadership Awards
(Calgary, AB – November 14, 2011) Volunteer Calgary is currently seeking nominations for the 16th Annual Volunteer Calgary Leadership Awards. The Leadership Awards recognizes the efforts of volunteers and organizations who work year-round to build a strong and vibrant Calgary. It is an opportunity for Calgarians to show their support and appreciation for the work that volunteers do.
"Every year, I am amazed at the stories we receive about volunteers in the city who are making a difference in the lives of others," says Karen Franco, Communications Director of Volunteer Calgary. “The Leadership Awards is a wonderful opportunity to share these stories and inspire more Calgarians to take an active part in the community.
Volunteer Calgary’s Leadership Awards recognizes outstanding volunteerism in the following award categories:
- Heart of Calgary Award – honours an individual’s lifelong commitment to volunteering
- Leaders of Tomorrow Award – honours volunteers in elementary, junior high and senior high
- Leaders in Employee Volunteering Award – honours businesses promoting workplace volunteerism
- Leader in Volunteer Management Award – honours professionals working volunteer services
- Leader in Volunteer Engagement Award – honours a non-profit organization’s innovative volunteer program
- Volunteer in Profile Award – honours an individual volunteer
- Volunteer Family Award – honours a family that volunteers together
- Volunteer Animal Award – honours an animal and its companion that has made a difference in the community
All qualified nominees will be acknowledged at the Leadership Awards Nominee Announcement event on January 31, 2012.
The award recipients in the above categories will be formally acknowledged and celebrated at Volunteer Calgary’s 16th Annual Leadership Awards Gala on April 17, 2012 during National Volunteer Week (April 15 – 21).
Award recipients will receive a Leadership Awards signature blown glass art piece, an invitation to the exclusive VIP reception, and will be honoured at the Annual Leadership Awards gala. In addition, they will have their volunteer activities profiled in a promotional video, shown at the Annual Leadership Awards and featured on the Volunteer Calgary website during the upcoming year.
Volunteer Calgary urges all Calgarians to consider nominating a local volunteer from their communities, schools, churches or workplace. The deadline for nominations for the Leadership Awards is January 13, 2012. Nominations can be submitted online at www.volunteercalgary.ab.ca/leadershipawards.
Volunteer Calgary has played a key role in the development and promotion of volunteerism in Calgary for over 50 years. Its mission is “Leading, promoting, connecting, and strengthening volunteerism.” Through its services and programs, it has enhanced the ability of more than 450 non-profit member organizations to manage volunteers and has linked thousands of Calgarians with unique volunteer opportunities.
For more information contact:
Karen Franco, Director of Communications
Phone: (403) 231-1436